Job Location: Woburn, MA
Job Type: Full-time
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide and advise students and their family/guardian, through all aspects of the college search and application process, including academic profile and college best-fit, standardized testing, application completion, campus visits, and matriculation decisions.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, families, guardians, coaches, advisors, classroom teachers and others involved in the college search and application process.
- Assist students to develop their soft skills through mentoring, building leadership qualities, and creating/joining new clubs and activities.
- Provide guidance to students about participating in competitions and programs based on their interests, skills, and abilities.
- Visit college campuses for research and arrange college visits and trips to college fairs.
- Build and maintain relationships with college admission professionals.
- Educate families about college admissions and financial aid or scholarship possibilities.
- Guide students to identify their personal interests and brainstorm application essay topics.
- Educate students on appropriate interviewing technique, self-assessment tools, and application essay techniques.
- Monitor student progress throughout the college application process.
- Attend conferences from NACAC and IECA as well as other professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Education, Counseling, English or closely related field or its equivalent.
- Knowledge and background in college admissions/application process, university profiles and programs.
- Familiarity with commonly used platforms such as Common Application, Naviance, UC Application system, College Planner Pro, Cialfo, etc.
- Experience working with international students and an understanding of the international admissions application/college search process is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) are required.
- Knowledge of relevant applications such as MS Office, Google Workspace, and Zoom.
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with the Ivy Talent team.
- Adaptability, initiative, and flexibility.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Integrity, good judgment and decision-making abilities, problem solving skills, organizational and planning skills.
- Have a strong sense of responsibility, positive attitude, and able to work both meticulously and methodically.
- Details oriented and able to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to work with multiple clients simultaneously and keep track of each client’s information.
- Travel is required monthly throughout Continental USA / Lower 48 States, primarily to colleges and universities.
- Visit campuses for research and to learn about the school.
- Visiting campuses with the students/families on college tours.
Interested and qualified applicants, please email your resume and salary requirements to the HR Admin at:
employment at iytalent dot com