College Consulting Service
The goal of Ivy Talent’s college planning service is to clearly define and guide students through the steps they must take before applying to college while helping them to develop new skills. Working with professional education consultants throughout the process, students are actively engaged in this process. All consulting is personalized and tailored for each individual student.
College planning and advising begins once a student is enrolled in high school. From 9th through 11th grades, students work with planning consultants before transitioning to focusing on the college application process in the 2nd half of 11th grade or beginning of 12th grade.
All students in the college planning program at Ivy Talent Education utilize our online planning platform. This system allows students to track progress, communicate goals and information, view meeting notes, and take assessments while sharing this information with their families.
Working with Ivy Talent’s college planning consultants, students will develop their skills in many key areas including:
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Global awareness
- Personal Development like trying new activities and learning about new areas
- Becoming motivated and engaged learners
- Effective communication and collaboration in an academic setting
Ivy Talent’s college planning consultants provide guidance in all of the different aspects required for student success in high school and beyond, including, but not limited to the following areas:
Personal Development & Soft Skills Guidance
Vacation Activity Guidance
Contest & Competition Guidance
Students in their senior year of high school work with Ivy Talent’s college application team. This process involves creating a school selection list, brainstorming and editing personal statements and supplemental essays, and preparing for interviews. Ivy Talent’s college consultants work with each student individually to help them find schools that are the best fit, based on the subjects they would like to major in and their academic needs. All application services are customized to fit the needs of each individual student and their family.
Ivy Talent’s college application consulting provides guidance in the following areas:
- Student/family initial school selection review. Provide feedback and information about other schools that may be a good fit for the student.
- Provide school recommendations and later a final list of best-fit schools with the likelihood of acceptance information
- Create a to-do list to help manage deadlines
- Provide assistance and feedback about crafting a Common Application/school system-specific application to best represent a student’s academic and extracurricular talents and skills
- Create strategies and recommendations for Early Decision/Early Action vs Regular Decision
- Personal statement and supplemental essay brainstorming/discussion, editing, and review
- Provide support and information on obtaining the best teacher recommendations and other references
- SAT / ACT / SAT II Subject Test Preparation strategies and tutoring
- Interview Preparation (tailored to alumni, admissions officer, or video interview style)
- Provide support in the waitlist process
Get a free consultation today!
We provide personalized assistance to parents and students looking to apply to American schools. Free no-obligation consultation in person or over the phone is our first step to get to know you!